Wednesday, June 22, 2005

TV Be Gone

Diary of a recovering television addict:
http://escapeyourtelevision.blogspot.com/

Device to turn off any TV in a 50 foot radius:
www.tvbegone.com

*Insert self-righteous essay here about what a waste of time watching TV is and how much better it is to do things. Actually I haven't watched TV in such a long time that I've forgotten all the indignant details of this rant. I'm just surprised every once in a while when I realize how much most other people watch it, because I tend to forget...it's like I'm living in a slightly different reality. Yes, there are some good & artistic shows on, I'm sure. It's just that the cost of being plugged in to TV and all the other crap on there, to me, outweighs the benefits of figuring out what those few shows are & selectively tuning in. Etcetera.*

4 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

I SOOOOOOOOOOO agree!

When people start talking about TV, the conversation never leaves that topic. And I got nothin'.

12:28 PM  
Blogger everyseven said...

I own a TV but cancelled our cable and now haven't turned the TV on in about a year. The only thing I wonder about is am I losing connection with other Americans, in my brain not being informed as theirs is being informed.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're a fan of LOST, check out lost tv show preview

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home