Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Earth Water Fire Air

Earth water fire air, beloved:

When you press me with your weight.
The gravity of mass to mass.
On our heavy road from birth to grave
We long to be together.
And so on Einstein’s universal rubber sheet
We trampoline!
And we rest.
We squelch
Into the mud.
Your solid hand upon my waist.
Our hair sheaved together.
That is called earth.

And when we’re licking mouth
to mouth a juicy
flicking ooh-la-la, a
serpent’s coiling play of hips that
follows our red waterways, our
Amazons of blood rising
to our cheeks, flowing down
waterfall necks, dissolving our
grudges...that is called water.

When just a wink kindles a spark and your hands ignite
from palm to palm and I race to you my legs pump
heart burns like a coal on the bellows krik krak
lickety split and I fling myself into your arms the room crackles
with possibility and all past woes seem
to burn in the....that is called fire.

And when
your loving
breath
brushes
the edge
of my anticipation
- the breath
that’s ours,
that inhales
from dust
of million years past,
that exhales
to the corners
of the stars
Beloved ...
that is called air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home