Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Maybe next they'll keep Hermes open for me

I just got the following email:

From: leah morgan [mail@leahmorgan.com]
Date: Jul 6, 2005 12:42 PM
Subject: MUSIC EVENT INVITATION: Leah Morgan @ Iota 7/19

Good afternoon,

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to invite you to my band's next performance at Iota Club & Cafe on Tues 7/19. Our start time will be 10pm. Please let me know if you are interested in attending and I will gladly put you on the guest list. Also let me know if you have any questions about the event.

WHO: Leah Morgan Band
WHAT: live performance @ Iota Club & Cafe
WHEN: Tues, 7/19, 10pm (music starts @ 8:30pm)
WHERE: 2832 Wilson Blvd Arlington VA, www.iotaclubandcafe.com

Best regards,
Leah Morgan
703.220.2047
www.leahmorgan.com
mail@leahmorgan.com
EPK: www.sonicbids.com/LEAHMORGAN
KENNEDEY CENTER SHOW: http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/artist_detail.cfm?artist_id=LEAHMORGAN

***********************************

It's my first blogger perk - not surprising, considering that I expend zero effort to promote myself or make myself accessible. I can only assume that Leah, on the other hand, is a savvy and efficient self-promoter, did some kind of "dc activity blog" search that turned me up, and quickly added me to her marketing database. If she was familiar with my blog...well, she'd realize that it is focused more on navel-gazing rants about how yoga can save the world, rather than real, live, fun things to do in DC. (For which I apologize, reader. I've been going through a navel-gazing phase. Maybe it's the love, maybe it's the weather.)

Nonetheless her music seems pretty good and I promise to report back.

By the way, on a completely unrelated note, you've got to check this out:
http://ifuckedanncoulterintheasshard.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home