Friday, August 05, 2005

Global Poverty Menu

We had a dinner at the Aspen Institute and Al Gore gave his slide show about global warming to the group. It was an extremely well done presentation, and Gore was clearly passionate - but I can see why he turned a lot of American voters off. His passion can seem a bit like self-righteous anger, like, "I'm right about this guys! You've got to listen to me or you'll get into trouble!" Which is totally true...but politically, it's off-putting. Anyway, I loved the presentation and I'm glad that he's putting so much effort into these issues - the man really does have remarkable vision about the important issues facing the world, from his work with the internet, to this. He's starting a new open source TV network and I'll be interested to follow what he does with it.

I stole the menu from dinner, and I think I'm going to take it home and frame it. I reproduce it here for you, although the irony is much better when you actually see the menu, with the heavy cardstock paper and the fancy printing.

Yep, global poverty. It's, like, so sad. All those poor people, I bet they've never even tasted a really good chevre! We've totally got to help them.

************************************

CONFERENCE ON GLOBAL POVERTY
Thursday, Augsut 4th, 2005

SALAD
European baby greens, chevre goat cheese and prickly pear vinaigrette

ENTREE
Buffalo ribeye, blueberry demi herb mashers and baby vegetables
OR
Lemon baked Alaskan halibut with pineapple mango salsa, asparagus and tuxedo orze
OR
Roasted red pepper polenta with grilled vegetables

DESSERT
Chocolate ecstasy cake and raspberry coulis

1 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

Totally.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home