Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Chip in for a figure model at Federico's house

LOCATION: Federico's place TIME: Tuesdays, maybe Thursdays EQUIPMENT: Yourself, $ for model, art supplies OPTIONAL: divine inspiration

I was idly sketching people at the Meridian Hill Park drum circle last Sunday (I like it more every time I go. There's incense, happy children and grandmothers, totally awesome rhythms...) and a man came up and introduced himself to me. I could tell that he was a real artist because when he flipped through my sketchbook, he didn't say "Oh, that's great! That's great too!" like most people do, without really looking - he just sort of raised his eyebrows until he got to the only picture in there that I was slightly proud of, and said, "That's good. Now, that is something."

He said that he was trying to organize a sketching/painting group that would split the cost of a figure model, to be held every Tuesday at his apartment. The figure model will switch weekly between male and female, and sometimes they will have special excursions. Unfortunately, I can't ever go unless they change the time, because I teach yoga class. But if you're interested, you should email him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home