Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Chip in for a figure model at Federico's house

LOCATION: Federico's place TIME: Tuesdays, maybe Thursdays EQUIPMENT: Yourself, $ for model, art supplies OPTIONAL: divine inspiration

I was idly sketching people at the Meridian Hill Park drum circle last Sunday (I like it more every time I go. There's incense, happy children and grandmothers, totally awesome rhythms...) and a man came up and introduced himself to me. I could tell that he was a real artist because when he flipped through my sketchbook, he didn't say "Oh, that's great! That's great too!" like most people do, without really looking - he just sort of raised his eyebrows until he got to the only picture in there that I was slightly proud of, and said, "That's good. Now, that is something."

He said that he was trying to organize a sketching/painting group that would split the cost of a figure model, to be held every Tuesday at his apartment. The figure model will switch weekly between male and female, and sometimes they will have special excursions. Unfortunately, I can't ever go unless they change the time, because I teach yoga class. But if you're interested, you should email him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home